Monday 17 December 2012

Drink one of these a day to boost your immunity.


They're my fave thing to make. And thankfully, my hubby and my kid love 'em too.

Smoothies.

 I drink one of these a day. Mostly because they are so good for you! But honestly, they're incredibly deeeeeeelish! So get out your blender, and prepare to be blown away by the yumminess I'm about to share with you!

Did you know that having this HealthNutty Smoothie could provide you with cancer fighting nutrients? 

Medjool dates, mango, strawberries, and bananas all boost the immune system! They have vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, fibre, and iron. 
Spinach contains a huge amount of fibre, antioxidants, and can even help with vision, skin, bones, and benefits the central nervous system.
Kale is high in vitamin K, calcium, and iron.

Now that sounds like a good, hearty snack.

Not to mention, they're a great meal replacement, they hydrate you to give you a great energy boost, and they give you your sweet fix!

This really only takes a few minutes to throw together, I dare you to try it!

theHealthNutty's Smoothie Recipe

1 ripe banana
1 cup frozen mango
1 cup frozen strawberries
3-4 medjool dates
Handful of baby spinach

1 leaf of kale
1.5-2 cups water (we like our smoothies thick and creamy, but add more water depending on what consistency you like)


If you want to get extra "nutty", try using Almond milk or rice milk instead of water. It'll make the texture creamier.


Let me know what you think, and share your smoothie recipes too! I'm always up for trying something new.

Stay tuned for some cool juicing recipes in the next few months, and a segment on the benefits of juicing in an upcoming blog as well!

Until next time, stay healthy ya'll!

 Share and Like the Blog and tell everyone you're a healthnut too!

2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies too! I make them almost everyday. I add yogurt as well to make it thick. I like combining fruit and veggies too, never thought of doing dates! Will try sometime. Sometimes I also add ground flax seed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh yes, I love flax seed!! I like using that rather than fish oil. The flax has a nice nutty flavour! :)

    ReplyDelete